Council’s priority is always the health and wellbeing of our staff, volunteers and community.
Due to Coronavirus COVID-19, Council has decided to place a temporary suspension on the Bushcare program. This will mean that no Bushcare groups, individual activity or events will take place. This is effective immediately (18 March 2020), until further notice.
Council will continue to take advice from the State and Federal health departments, which will inform our organisational position and response to this unprecedented risk.
Ongoing reviews will take place during this temporary suspension period and further advice will be provided as it comes to hand. Council thanks you for your continuing support of the Bushcare program.
Keeping in touch
How can you stay involved? We will be writing regularly with updates, news and stories. The Bushcare Team acknowledges staying connected during this unprecedented point in time plays an important part of our ‘social’ care for one another.
We will be posting on the Bushcare Website https://www.bushcarebluemountains.org.au/
The Team has put together some of the following ideas…and we would love to hear about your projects or ideas.
- Post Bushfire Updates – weeds and making bird watering stations recommended by leading ecologists, creating habitat gardens in bushfire prone areas
- Book reviews
- Contribution to the Gecko Newsletter – always welcome!
- Quizzes and Crosswords
- Producing ‘interest’ and ‘how to’ videos
- Virtual Freestyle book club
- Photography competition
- Before and after photos – around home projects, bushfire recovery
- What to plant in your veggie garden
- Bushcare Picnic – Reuse, Recycle Fashion Show ideas
- what are your ideas??? Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Can you think of other ‘social distancing’ and safe activities
- Listening to Frogs with the FrogID app www.frogid.net.au
- Virtual Bushcare Group catch-up and morning tea (let’s learn about Zoom)
- Training in citizen science projects
If you need any help with downloading and installing apps and Zoom (we hope to produce a guide to help) contact email@example.com