Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the Bushcare Team!
The Council Offices will be closing from 12pm Tuesday 24th December and reopening Thursday 2nd January 2002 with only essential services being provided during this period.
Details on the arrangements for specific Council services, such as libraries, waste services, leisure and information centres, are as follows:
- Blue Mountains Cultural Centre – Open every day except Christmas Day (on all public holidays the Cultural Centre will be open 10am to 2pm and the cafe will be closed).
- Blue Mountains Theatre & Community Hub will be closed from Saturday 21 December and re-open on Thursday 2 January 2020.
- Blue Mountains Libraries – Closed from midday on Tuesday 24 December and will reopen normal hours on Thursday 2 January 2020.
- Customer Service Counters (Katoomba and Springwood) and Service NSW Agency Katoomba – Closed from midday on Tuesday 24 December and will reopen normal hours on Thursday 2 January 2020.
- Leisure Centres will be closed on Christmas Day and will close at 5.00pm on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve (on all public holidays the centres operate 8:00am – 6:00pm, except for Blackheath Pool that continues with standard operating hours on public holidays).
- Waste Management Facilities – Open every day except Christmas Day, the facility at Blaxland will open to accept the Domestic Waste Vehicles only.
- Waste Collection Services will continue everyday including Christmas Day.
- Visitor Information Centres – Open every day except Christmas Day