Help bring native plant biodiversity back!
If you are thinking of planting natives, think local with these handy plant resources. Below are a number of plant lists specific to Blue Mountains localities. The plants identified on the lists are known to be endemic to the landscape and will not only thrive but attract native pollinators and fauna, boosting the biodiversity in your backyard.
There are several benefits to planting local.
- They’re primed for the unique characteristics of your local landscape.
- They provide food and habitat – they have evolved alongside the fauna and insects which seek them.
- Will self seed local plants – no more weeds!!
- Once established, they can survive on rainfall alone
- Builds on connection to Country
- low maintenance and resource costs – no need for fertilisers or pesticides